Cenforce 100 mg is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. The active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate present in it helps increase the blood flow to the penis which helps in getting an erection. Its effects can last for around 4 hours. For the treatment of ED, it is usually recommended to be taken 30 minutes to 1 hour before planned sexual activity. Consult your doctor for the best directions for using this medicine. This medication requires sexual stimulation to cause an erection and does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases.
How Cenforce 100mg Works
Cenforce 100 mg contains Sildenafil Citrate 100mg which is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE-5 inhibitor). It blocks the action of PDE-5 which degrades cGMP in the bloodstream. cGMP is responsible for increasing the flow of blood to specific organs of the body. The enhanced blood flow due to the increased collection of cGMP by sildenafil is what causes an erection.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Cenforce 100 mg tablet is prescribed to men who experience difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. It is effective in improving the quality of erections and enhancing sexual performance.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH): Sildenafil 100mg is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. It helps to relax the blood vessels in the lungs, reducing the workload on the heart. Thus, improving exercise capacity in people with this condition.
Cenforce 100 Dosage
If you are taking Cenforce 100 to treat erectile dysfunction, follow your doctor’s directions. Take Sildenafil 100mg as needed before sexual activity. The best time to take sildenafil is about 1 hour before sexual activity. However, you can take the medication any time from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity. This medication should not be taken more than once every 24 hours. You can take Cenforce with or without food. However, avoid taking sildenafil with a high-fat meal, as it will take longer for the medication to start to work.
If you are taking Cenforce to treat PAH, you will probably take sildenafil three times a day with or without food. Take it at around the same time every day.
If you are taking this drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, the chances of missing a dose are less likely.
However, if you are taking it for the treatment of any other condition and have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the timing of the next dose is close, skip the missed dose and take the next one. Do not overdose.
You are likely to face side effects if you have overdosed. If you experience severe side effects, seek medical help immediately.
Cenforce 100 mg Side Effects
Some of the most common side effects of Cenforce 100mg tablet are:
- body pain
- skin rashes
- mood swings
Serious side effects include:
- sudden severe loss of vision
- blurred vision
- sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- ringing in ears
- chest pain
- worsening shortness of breath
- erection that is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours
While taking Cenforce 100, some precautions should be taken to avoid any potential side effects. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other components of Cenforce, do not use this medication.
- Cenforce 100mg is for adult men only. It should not be used by women or children.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions or are taking other medications, consult your healthcare provider before using Cenforce 100 mg.
- Avoid alcohol and grapefruit juice consumption while using this medication.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not use this medication.
- Smoking can alter the way this drug works, so avoid smoking.
- Do not drive or perform activities that require alertness while using this drug.
Certain drugs can interact with this medicine and alter the way it works. These include:
- Medicines containing nitrates, like isosorbide and nitroglycerine (used for treating heart conditions like angina)
- Riociguat and the other Guanylate cyclase (GC) stimulators
- Cialis, Levitra, and other PDE-5 inhibitors
- Amyl nitrite, amyl/ butyl nitrate, and other recreational drugs called ‘Poppers’
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin, and other macrolide antibiotics
- Carbamazepine and other anti-seizure medications
- Alfuzosin, doxazosin, and other alpha-blockers
- Atenolol and other beta-blockers
- Fosamprenavir, saquinavir, and other HIV protease inhibitors
- Telaprevir, boceprevir, and other hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors
Follow these storage guidelines to keep the pills effective and intact for a longer time:
- Keep the tablets in their original packaging when not in use.
- Keep them away from damp and direct sunlight.
- The place should be in the normal room temperature range, i.e. 59–86° F or 15–30° C.
- Keep the pills out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not consume past the expiry date.
- Dispose of the discarded pills and empty packaging in a suitable manner. Do not flush them.
How does Cenforce 100 mg compare to other strengths of Cenforce?
Cenforce 100 mg contains a higher dose of sildenafil citrate compared to lower strengths, making it suitable for those who require a stronger effect. It is important to consult your doctor for the appropriate dosage for your specific needs.
2. Can I split a Cenforce 100mg tablet for a lower dose?
It’s not recommended to split Cenforce tablets, including the 100 mg strength, without consulting your doctor. They can prescribe a lower dose if necessary.
3. How quickly does Cenforce 100 start working?
Cenforce 100 mg typically starts working within 30 minutes to 1 hour after taking it, but individual responses may vary.
4. Is it safe to take Cenforce 100mg pills daily?
Cenforce 100 mg is usually not meant for daily use. Your doctor will provide guidance on the appropriate dosing frequency based on your specific situation.
5. Are there any interactions with medications or health conditions to be aware of when taking Cenforce 100 mg tablets?
Inform your doctor of all medications you are taking and any underlying health conditions, especially if you are using nitrates, to avoid potential interactions.
- Krishnappa P, Fernandez-Pascual E, Carballido J, Martinez-Salamanca JI. Sildenafil/Viagra in the treatment of premature ejaculation. Int J Impot Res. 2019 Mar;31(2):65-70. doi: 10.1038/s41443-018-0099-2. Epub 2019 Mar 5. PMID: 30837718.
- Irwin GM. Erectile Dysfunction. Prim Care. 2019 Jun;46(2):249-255. doi: 10.1016/j.pop.2019.02.006. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 31030826.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233.
- Chew KK, Stuckey BG, Thompson PL. Erectile dysfunction, sildenafil and cardiovascular risk. Med J Aust. 2000 Mar 20;172(6):279-83. Erratum in: Med J Aust 2000 May 15;172(10):511. PMID: 10860094.