Cenforce 120 mg is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in men. Its effects can last for around 4 hours. It is usually recommended to take one tablet approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before anticipated sexual intercourse. Consult your doctor for the best directions for using this medicine.
How Cenforce 120 mg Works
Cenforce 120mg contains Sildenafil Citrate 120 mg that inhibits phosphodiesterase type 5. Phosphodiesterase enzyme type 5 degrades cGMP in the bloodstream. cGMP is responsible for increasing the flow of blood to specific body organs. Sildenafil treats erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation. This increased blood flow can cause an erection.
Cenforce 120 mg Uses
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Cenforce 120 is prescribed to men who experience difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. It is effective in improving the quality of erections and enhancing sexual performance.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH): Sildenafil 120mg is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. It helps to relax the blood vessels in the lungs, reducing the workload on the heart. Thus, improving exercise capacity in people with this condition.
If you are taking Cenforce 120 to treat erectile dysfunction, follow your doctor’s directions. Take Sildenafil 120mg as needed before sexual activity. The best time to take sildenafil is about 1 hour before sexual activity. However, you can take the medication any time from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity. This medication should not be taken more than once every 24 hours. You can take Cenforce with or without food. However, avoid taking sildenafil with a high-fat meal, as it will take longer for the medication to start to work.
If you are taking Cenforce 120 tablet to treat PAH, you will probably take sildenafil three times a day with or without food. Take it at around the same time every day.
If you are taking this drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, the chances of missing a dose are less likely.
However, if you are taking it for the treatment of any other condition such as Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension and have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the timing of the next dose is close, skip the missed dose and take the next one. Do not overdose.
Overdosing on Cenforce 120 can lead to severe side effects. Seek medical help immediately in case you have overdosed.
Some of the most common side effects of Cenforce 120 mg are-
- body pain
- skin rashes
- mood swings
Serious side effects may include:
- sudden severe loss of vision
- blurred vision
- sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- ringing in ears
- chest pain
- worsening shortness of breath
- erection that is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours
While taking Cenforce 120, some precautions should be taken to avoid any potential side effects. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other components of Cenforce, do not use this medication.
- Cenforce 120 mg is for adult men only. It should not be used by women or children.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions or are taking other medications, consult your healthcare provider before using Cenforce 120 mg.
- Avoid alcohol and grapefruit juice consumption while using this medication.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not use this medication.
- Smoking can alter the way this drug works, so avoid smoking.
- Do not drive or perform activities that require alertness while using this drug.
Certain drugs can interact with this medication and alter the way it works. Avoid taking the following drugs with Cenforce 120mg tablets:
- Medicines containing nitrates, like isosorbide and nitroglycerine (used for treating heart conditions like angina)
- Riociguat and the other Guanylate cyclase (GC) stimulators
- Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, and other PDE-5 inhibitors
- Amyl nitrite, amyl/ butyl nitrate, and other recreational drugs called ‘Poppers’
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin, and other macrolide antibiotics
- Carbamazepine and other anti-seizure medications
- Alfuzosin, doxazosin, and other alpha-blockers
- Atenolol and other beta-blockers
- Fosamprenavir, saquinavir, and other HIV protease inhibitors
- Telaprevir, boceprevir, and other hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors
Follow these storage guidelines to keep the pills effective and intact for a longer time-
- Keep the tablets in their original packaging when not in use.
- Keep them away from damp and direct sunlight.
- The place should be in the normal room temperature range, i.e. 59–86° F or 15–30° C.
- Keep the pills out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not consume past the expiry date.
- Dispose of the discarded pills and empty packaging in a suitable manner. Do not flush them.
What is the purpose of Cenforce 120 mg?
Cenforce 120 mg contains a higher dose of sildenafil citrate and is intended for individuals who may need a stronger dose to treat erectile dysfunction. Consult your doctor for personalized dosage recommendations.
2. How long does the effect of Cenforce 120mg last?
The effects of Cenforce 120 mg can last for up to 4-6 hours, but this can vary from person to person.
3. Is Cenforce 120mg safe for older individuals?
Cenforce 120 mg can be prescribed to older individuals, but it’s important to discuss your medical history and any other medications you’re taking with your doctor.
4. Can I take Cenforce 120mg tablets on an empty stomach?
While you can take Cenforce 120 mg with or without food, taking it on an empty stomach may result in a faster onset of action.
5. What should I do if I accidentally take more than the prescribed dose of Cenforce 120mg pills?
If you take more than the recommended dose, seek medical attention immediately, as it can increase the risk of adverse effects.
- Krishnappa P, Fernandez-Pascual E, Carballido J, Martinez-Salamanca JI. Sildenafil/Viagra in the treatment of premature ejaculation. Int J Impot Res. 2019 Mar;31(2):65-70. doi: 10.1038/s41443-018-0099-2. Epub 2019 Mar 5. PMID: 30837718.
- Irwin GM. Erectile Dysfunction. Prim Care. 2019 Jun;46(2):249-255. doi: 10.1016/j.pop.2019.02.006. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 31030826.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233.
- Chew KK, Stuckey BG, Thompson PL. Erectile dysfunction, sildenafil and cardiovascular risk. Med J Aust. 2000 Mar 20;172(6):279-83. Erratum in: Med J Aust 2000 May 15;172(10):511. PMID: 10860094.