Climax spray is a topical used for the treatment of premature ejaculation in men. Premature ejaculation is a condition in which the man ejaculates sooner than he would like to while having sexual intercourse. Climax Spray contains 10% topical lidocaine, which is an anaesthetic. It desensitizes the penis for a certain period of time and delays ejaculation. It is recommended to spray the Climax Spray 3 to 4 times on the shaft of the penis, around the penis head. For best results, the spray should be applied 15 to 20 minutes before intercourse.
How Climax spray works
Climax Spray is a spray that is applied to the head of the penis. After applying it to the penis, the spray gets absorbed into the skin and reaches the nerve of the penis that are stimulated while having sexual intercourse. The spray contains Lidocaine as its main active ingredient, which is a commonly used local anaesthetic. After getting absorbed and reaching the skin, it makes the nerves (the nerves that are present in the sites of the penis head and shaft) numb and desensitizes the whole area. The numbness and desensitization also depend upon the amount of dose the user applies to the skin. The desensitization delays ejaculation and helps with the condition of premature ejaculation.
Climax spray Uses
Climax Spray is used for the treatment of the following condition:
- Premature Ejaculation (PE) – A condition in which the man loses control over ejaculation and makes him ejaculate sooner after penetration.
A single spray of climax spray is recommended to be applied on an erect penis. For best results, it should be applied 15 to 20 minutes before sexual intercourse.
Chances of missing a dose are less likely as the spray is used only when you are planning to have sexual intercourse.
An overdose can cause rashes and irritation and certain other side effects. Be careful with the amount you use to spray because it can over-desensitize your penis. In case of an overdose, seek medical help immediately.
How to Use Climax Spray
- Shake the bottle before you apply it.
- You are recommended to do a patch test if you have no prior experience using it.
- Apply one or two full sprays and see if you face any adverse effects. If not, then you can continue with its use.
- Make sure you do not overapply it.
- After applying, rub the penis in a clockwise pattern to make the spray completely absorbed into the skin.
After applying, wait for at least 15-20 minutes. Do not use the spray more than once in a single go.
Climax Spray Side Effects
Common side effects of Climax spray include:
- Temporary over desensitization of the penis that makes it difficult to maintain an erection during sex
- Rashes or redness
- Irritation or burning sensation
The following drugs can interact with Climax spray and alter the way it works:
- Bupivacaine liposome
Things to Take Care of
Consult with your doctor before using this spray.
- Let your doctor know about all the drugs and medications you are using.
- Make sure you are not suffering from any other health problems that may get worse after using this spray.
- Make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used in climax spray.
- Let your doctor know about all the health problems you are suffering from.
- Store the Climax Spray bottle in a cool, dry place that is away from direct sunlight.
- The temperature of the storage place should not exceed room temperature as lidocaine is highly flammable.
- Check the expiry date before using the product.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Dispose of the empty container properly so that it doesn’t catch fire or come in contact with any person or animal.
- Chung E, Gilbert B, Perera M, Roberts MJ. Premature ejaculation: A clinical review for the general physician. Aust Fam Physician. 2015 Oct;44(10):737-43. PMID: 26484490.
- Martin-Tuite P, Shindel AW. Management Options for Premature Ejaculation and Delayed Ejaculation in Men. Sex Med Rev. 2020 Jul;8(3):473-485. doi: 10.1016/j.sxmr.2019.09.002. Epub 2019 Oct 23. PMID: 31668585.
- Beecham GB, Nessel TA, Goyal A. Lidocaine. [Updated 2021 Dec 19]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK539881/