Tadapox 20 mg is an oral medication used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. Erectile dysfunction, also known as impotence, is a condition in which a man cannot get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. It happens due to the decreased blood flow in the penis. Tadapox 20mg contains Tadalafil and Dapoxetine. Tadalafil helps to relax the blood vessels and improve the blood flow to the penis. On the other hand, Dapoxetine increases the time to ejaculate and improves control over ejaculation. The medicine should be taken around 1 to 2 hours before indulging in sexual intercourse. Consult your doctor before using this medicine for the best directions.
How it works
Tadalafil and Dapoxetine are the active ingredients present in Tadapox 20mg. Tadalafil increases the blood flow to the penis while Dapoxetine increases the activity of serotonin in the nervous system. Tadalafil is a PDE-5 inhibitor. It relaxes the muscles in the blood vessel walls and helps increase the blood flow to the penis. cGMP is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. PDE5 is responsible for the destruction of cGMP. Tadapox 20 mg blocks PDE5 action and enables the production of cGMP, resulting in the penis being filled with more blood. Dapoxetine is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It blocks the reabsorption of Serotonin into neurons, allowing more Serotonin to be made available in the brain and improving the transmission of messages between neurons.
Tadapox 20 is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – A condition in which the man is unable to get or keep an erection firm enough to get involved in sexual intercourse.
Premature Ejaculation (PE) – A condition in which the man loses control over ejaculation and makes him ejaculate sooner than expected.
A single tablet is recommended to be taken once in 24 hours. Take one pill approximately 1 to 2 hours before sexual activity or as directed by your doctor.
The chances of missing a dose are less because the medicine is usually taken when required.
An overdose can lead to various side effects. Seek medical help immediately in case an overdose is suspected.
Common side effects of Tadapox 20mg tablets include:
- Stuffy Nose
- Chest pain
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
- Back pain or muscle pain
- Blurred vision
Sudden vision loss and a persistent erection of more than 4 hours are some rare side effects. If this happens, contact your doctor immediately.
Interaction of Tadapox 20 mg pills with certain drugs and medications can alter the way it works. These include:
- Alpha-blockers for prostate problems
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin
- Antidepressants such as fluoxetine and paroxetine
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as atazanavir, indinavir, and ritonavir
- Antifungal medications such as ketoconazole
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol
- Other medicines for ED
Things to Take Care of
- Do not take this tablet more than once in 24 hours.
- Consult your doctor if you are allergic to any of the constituent ingredients such as Tadalafil and Dapoxetine.
- Do not operate heavy machinery after taking this medicine.
- This medicine is not recommended for people below 18 years of age.
- If you suffer from any medical condition, consult your doctor before taking this drug.
- Keep the pills out of reach of children.
- Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Once the pack is opened, store the pills in an airtight container.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
- Dapoxetine: LY 210448. Drugs R D. 2005;6(5):307-11. doi: 10.2165/00126839-200506050-00007. PMID: 16128601. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00126839-200506050-00007
- McMahon CG. Dapoxetine for premature ejaculation. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2010 Jul;11(10):1741-52. doi: 10.1517/14656566.2010.493174. PMID: 20540653. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1517/14656566.2010.493174?journalCode=ieop20
- Hoy SM, Scott LJ. Dapoxetine: in premature ejaculation. Drugs. 2010 Jul 30;70(11):1433-43. doi: 10.2165/11204750-000000000-00000. PMID: 20614950.
- Irwin GM. Erectile Dysfunction. Prim Care. 2019 Jun;46(2):249-255. doi: 10.1016/j.pop.2019.02.006. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 31030826.