Cenforce FM also known as the pink pill, is a medication commonly used to treat sexual dysfunction in women. It specifically treats a condition called female sexual arousal disorder (FSAD) or female sexual dysfunction (FSD). It contains the active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate. It is the same active ingredient found in Viagra, a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction in men.
How Does Cenforce FM Work
Cenforce FM contains Sildenafil Citrate as its main active ingredient. For the treatment of female sexual interest arousal disorder, it increases the blood flow towards the female genitalia, thereby providing lubrication and enhancing sensitivity. For the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Cenforce FM 100 mg regulates blood pressure by controlling the narrowing and widening of the lungs’ blood-carrying vessels.
Cenforce FM tablets are used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Treatment of FSAD: Cenforce FM is designed to help women who experience difficulties with sexual arousal. It promotes increased blood flow to the genital area, leading to heightened sensitivity and improved arousal.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Cenforce FM’s active ingredient, Sildenafil Citrate, is also commonly used to treat ED in men. ED is a condition where a man struggles to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual activity.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH): Sildenafil Citrate is also used to treat PAH, a condition characterized by high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs.
Cenforce FM is usually recommended to be taken once a day and approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before planned sexual activity. Consult with your doctor to find the appropriate dose for you.
The chances of missing a dose are less if the medicine is being taken on-demand. However, if you are taking it for the treatment of any other condition (such as pulmonary arterial hypertension) and have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the timing of the next dose is close, skip the missed dose and take the next one. Do not overdose.
Overdosing can lead to severe side effects. Seek medical help immediately if you have overdosed on this medicine.
Some of the most common side effects of Cenforce FM are:
- severe headache
- problems with vision and hearing
- chest pain
- allergic reactions
- persistent (more than 4 hours) & painful erection.
While taking Cenforce FM, some precautions should be taken to avoid any potential side effects. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Do not take this medicine more than once in 24 hours.
- Consult your doctor if you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate.
- Do not operate heavy machines after taking this medicine.
- This medicine is not recommended for people below 18 years of age.
- If you suffer from any medical condition, consult your doctor before taking this drug.
These drugs are known to interact with this medicine and can alter the way the medicine acts on the body:
- Alpha-blockers that are administered for hypertension or enlarged prostate such as Tamsulosin, Doxazosin.
- Nitrate-containing drugs used for the treatment of cardiovascular conditions such as – Nitroglycerin, isosorbide mononitrate, Amyl or butyl nitrite.
- HIV treatment drugs
- Azole antifungal drugs
- Macrolide antibiotics
- Other PDE5 inhibitors.
Follow these storage guidelines to keep the pills effective and intact for a longer time-
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of pets and children
- Do not consume this medicine past the expiry date
- Keep the medicines in a cool and dry place.
- Keep the medicines away from sunlight in a cold place.
Is Cenforce FM suitable for all women?
Cenforce FM is not recommended for all women. It should only be used after consultation with a healthcare provider who can determine if it’s appropriate for your specific situation.
2. How long does it take for Cenforce FM to start working in women?
Cenforce FM typically starts working within 30 minutes to 1 hour after consumption, but individual responses may vary.
3. Are there any side effects or interactions to be aware of when using Cenforce FM?
Just like with any medication, Cenforce FM can have side effects and interactions with other medications. Discuss your medical history and current medications with your healthcare provider before using it.
4. Is Cenforce FM available over-the-counter, or do I need a prescription?
In most cases, you will need a prescription from a healthcare provider to obtain Cenforce FM, as it contains sildenafil citrate, which is a prescription-only medication.
- Krishnappa P, Fernandez-Pascual E, Carballido J, Martinez-Salamanca JI. Sildenafil/Viagra in the treatment of premature ejaculation. Int J Impot Res. 2019 Mar;31(2):65-70. doi: 10.1038/s41443-018-0099-2. Epub 2019 Mar 5. PMID: 30837718.
- Irwin GM. Erectile Dysfunction. Prim Care. 2019 Jun;46(2):249-255. doi: 10.1016/j.pop.2019.02.006. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 31030826.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233.
- Chew KK, Stuckey BG, Thompson PL. Erectile dysfunction, sildenafil and cardiovascular risk. Med J Aust. 2000 Mar 20;172(6):279-83. Erratum in: Med J Aust 2000 May 15;172(10):511. PMID: 10860094.