Cenforce 150 mg contains Sildenafil Citrate 150mg which is used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. It helps in increasing the blood flow to the penis. This medication is recommended to be taken regularly once per day, or an hour before any sexual activity. The effects of this medicine can last for around 4 hours. However, if you are taking any other drugs or suffer from an illness, it could affect the way this medication works. Consult with a doctor before taking this medicine.
How Does It Work
Cenforce 150mg tablet contains the active ingredient sildenafil citrate. It belongs to a group called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor. Phosphodiesterase enzyme 5 degrades cGMP in the bloodstream. cGMP is responsible for increasing the flow of blood to specific body organs. With more cGMP available, the blood vessels in the penis can relax and widen, enabling an increased flow of blood to the penile tissues. The enhanced blood flow due to the increased collection of cGMP by sildenafil is what causes an erection.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Cenforce 150mg tablets are prescribed to men who experience difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. It is effective in improving the quality of erections and enhancing sexual performance.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH): Sildenafil 150 mg is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. It helps to relax the blood vessels in the lungs, reducing the workload on the heart. Thus, improving exercise capacity in people with this condition.
If you are taking Cenforce 150 to treat erectile dysfunction, take it as needed before sexual activity. The best time to take sildenafil is about 1 hour before sexual activity. However, you can take the medication any time from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity. This medication should not be taken more than once every 24 hours. You can take Cenforce with or without food. However, avoid taking sildenafil with a high-fat meal, as it will take longer for the medication to start to work.
If you are taking Cenforce to treat PAH, you will probably take it three times a day with or without food. Take it at around the same time every day.
If you are taking this drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, the chances of missing a dose are less likely.
However, if you are taking it for the treatment of any other condition (such as pulmonary arterial hypertension) and have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the timing of the next dose is close, skip the missed dose and take the next one. Do not overdose.
You are likely to face side effects if you have overdosed. If you experience severe side effects, seek help immediately.
Cenforce 150 Side Effects
Some of the most common side effects of Cenforce 150 are-
- body pain
- skin rashes
- mood swings
Serious side effects include:
- sudden severe loss of vision
- blurred vision
- sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- ringing in ears
- chest pain
- worsening shortness of breath
- erection that is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours
While taking Cenforce 150, some precautions should be taken to avoid any potential side effects. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Do not take this medicine more than once in 24 hours.
- Consult your doctor if you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate.
- Do not operate heavy machines after taking this medicine.
- This medicine is not recommended for people below 18 years of age.
- If you suffer from any medical condition, consult your doctor before taking this drug.
- Avoid alcohol and grapefruit juice consumption while using this medication.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not use this medication.
These drugs are known to interact with Cenforce 150 mg and alter the way it works:
- Medicines containing nitrates, like isosorbide and nitroglycerine (used for treating heart conditions like angina)
- Riociguat and the other Guanylate cyclase (GC) stimulators
- Dosage of Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, and other PDE-5 inhibitors
- Amyl nitrite, amyl/ butyl nitrate, and other recreational drugs called ‘Poppers’
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin, and other macrolide antibiotics
- Carbamazepine and other anti-seizure medications
- Alfuzosin, doxazosin, and other alpha-blockers(for conditions like high blood pressure)
- Atenolol and other beta-blockers
- Fosamprenavir, saquinavir, and other HIV protease inhibitors
- Telaprevir, boceprevir, and other hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors
Follow these storage guidelines to keep the pills effective and intact for a longer time-
- Keep the tablets in their original packaging when not in use.
- Keep them away from damp and direct sunlight.
- The place should be in the normal room temperature range, i.e. 59–86° F or 15–30° C.
- Keep them beyond the reach of children and pets.
- Do not consume past the expiry date.
- Dispose of the discarded pills and empty packaging in a suitable manner. Do not flush them.
How does Cenforce 150mg compare to other strengths in terms of efficacy?
Cenforce 150 mg contains a higher dose of sildenafil citrate, which may provide a stronger and longer-lasting effect compared to lower strengths. However, the appropriate strength should be determined by your doctor.
2. Can I take half of a Cenforce 150 mg tablet for a lower dose?
It’s not recommended to split Cenforce tablets without consulting your doctor. They can prescribe a lower dose if needed.
3. What is the best way to store Cenforce 150mg tablets?
Store Cenforce 150 mg at room temperature, away from moisture and direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of children.
4. Is it safe to take Cenforce 150 with other medications?
Inform your doctor about all medications you are taking, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements, to check for potential interactions.
5. Can I drink alcohol while using Cenforce 150 mg tablets?
Limit alcohol consumption while taking Cenforce 150 mg, as excessive alcohol can reduce its effectiveness and increase the risk of side effects.
- Krishnappa P, Fernandez-Pascual E, Carballido J, Martinez-Salamanca JI. Sildenafil/Viagra in the treatment of premature ejaculation. Int J Impot Res. 2019 Mar;31(2):65-70. doi: 10.1038/s41443-018-0099-2. Epub 2019 Mar 5. PMID: 30837718.
- Irwin GM. Erectile Dysfunction. Prim Care. 2019 Jun;46(2):249-255. doi: 10.1016/j.pop.2019.02.006. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 31030826.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233.
- Chew KK, Stuckey BG, Thompson PL. Erectile dysfunction, sildenafil and cardiovascular risk. Med J Aust. 2000 Mar 20;172(6):279-83. Erratum in: Med J Aust 2000 May 15;172(10):511. PMID: 10860094.