Cenforce 25 mg is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction or impotence is a condition in which the person is unable to get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual activity. It is the lowest dose and contains Sildenafil Citrate 25mg as its main active ingredient. This drug helps the user get and maintain an erection by increasing the flow of blood to the penis.
How Does It Work
Cenforce 25mg works by inhibiting the enzyme Phosphodiesterase Type 5(PDE5). PDE5 is responsible for restricting blood flow to the penis. When PDE5 is blocked, the blood vessels in the penis relax, allowing an increased blood flow to the area. This increased blood flow results in a firmer and longer-lasting erection when sexually aroused.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Cenforce 25mg tablets are prescribed to men who experience difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. It is effective in improving the quality of erections and enhancing sexual performance.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH): Sildenafil 25mg, the active ingredient in Cenforce is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. It helps to relax the blood vessels in the lungs, reducing the workload on the heart. Thus, improving exercise capacity in people with this condition.
If you are taking Cenforce 25 to treat erectile dysfunction, take it as needed before sexual activity. The best time to take sildenafil is about 1 hour before sexual activity. However, you can take the medication any time from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity. This medication should not be taken more than once every 24 hours. You can take Cenforce with or without food. However, avoid taking sildenafil with a high-fat meal, as it will take longer for the medication to start to work.
If you are taking Cenforce to treat PAH, you will probably take Cenforce 25mg tablet three times a day with or without food. Take it at around the same time every day.
Since this drug is taken on an on demand basis (for the treatment of erectile dysfunction), the chances of missing the dose are less likely. However, if you are taking this drug for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the timing of the next dose is close, skip the missed dose and take the next one only. Do not overdose.
In case of overdose, seek medical help immediately as overdosing on Sildenafil 25 can cause serious side effects.
Cenforce 25mg Side Effects
Cenforce 25 may cause side effects. Inform your doctor if any of these side effects are severe or do not go away:
- body pain
- skin rashes
- mood swings
Serious side effects include:
- sudden severe loss of vision
- blurred vision
- sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- ringing in ears
- chest pain
- worsening shortness of breath
- erection that is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours
Some precautions have to be taken while using Cenforce 25 mg tablets. Keep these in mind to reduce the risks of potential side effects.
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate or any other components of Cenforce, do not use this medication.
- Cenforce 25 mg is for adult men only. It should not be used by women or children.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions or are taking other medications, consult your healthcare provider before using Cenforce 25 mg.
- Avoid alcohol and grapefruit juice consumption while using this medication.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not use this medication.
- Smoking can alter the way this drug works, so avoid smoking.
- Do not drive or perform activities that require alertness while using this drug.
Certain drugs can interact with Cenforce 25mg tablets and alter the way it works. These include:
- Drugs containing nitrates, like isosorbide and nitroglycerine (used for treating heart conditions like angina)
- Riociguat and the other Guanylate cyclase (GC) stimulators
- Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, and other PDE-5 inhibitors
- Amyl nitrite, amyl/ butyl nitrate, and other recreational drugs called ‘Poppers’
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin, and other macrolide antibiotics
- Carbamazepine and other anti-seizure medications
- Alfuzosin, doxazosin, and other alpha-blockers
- Atenolol and other beta-blockers
- Fosamprenavir, saquinavir, and other HIV protease inhibitors
- Telaprevir, boceprevir, and other hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors
Follow these storage guidelines to keep the pills effective and intact for a longer time:
- Keep the tablets in their original packaging when not in use.
- Keep them away from damp and direct sunlight.
- The place should be in the normal room temperature range, i.e. 59–86° F or 15–30° C.
- Keep them beyond the reach of children and pets.
- Do not consume past the expiry date.
- Dispose of the discarded pills and empty packaging in a suitable manner. Do not flush them.
What is the recommended dosage for Cenforce 25 mg?
The recommended starting dosage for Cenforce 25 mg is one tablet taken orally with a glass of water, approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before sexual activity. Your doctor may adjust the dosage as needed.
2. Can I split the Cenforce 25 mg tablet if I want a lower dose?
It’s not recommended to split Cenforce tablets, including the 25 mg strength, without consulting your doctor. They can prescribe a lower dose if necessary.
3. How long does the effect of Cenforce 25 mg last?
The effects of Cenforce 25 mg can last for up to 4-6 hours. Individual experiences may vary.
4. Is Cenforce 25 mg safe for daily use?
Cenforce 25 mg is not typically intended for daily use. Follow your doctor’s recommendations for dosing frequency.
5. Are there any specific precautions to take with Cenforce 25 mg?
Avoid consuming excessive alcohol or high-fat meals when taking Cenforce 25 mg, as they can reduce its effectiveness.
- Krishnappa P, Fernandez-Pascual E, Carballido J, Martinez-Salamanca JI. Sildenafil/Viagra in the treatment of premature ejaculation. Int J Impot Res. 2019 Mar;31(2):65-70. doi: 10.1038/s41443-018-0099-2. Epub 2019 Mar 5. PMID: 30837718.
- Irwin GM. Erectile Dysfunction. Prim Care. 2019 Jun;46(2):249-255. doi: 10.1016/j.pop.2019.02.006. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 31030826.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233.
- Chew KK, Stuckey BG, Thompson PL. Erectile dysfunction, sildenafil and cardiovascular risk. Med J Aust. 2000 Mar 20;172(6):279-83. Erratum in: Med J Aust 2000 May 15;172(10):511. PMID: 10860094.
- Hatzimouratidis K. Sildenafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: an overview of the clinical evidence. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):403-14. doi: 10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.403. PMID: 18046917; PMCID: PMC2699643.