Tadacip 20 mg is an oral medication used for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in men. Erectile Dysfunction is a condition in which a man cannot get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. Tadacip contains Tadalafil as its active ingredient. It helps men achieve an erection by increasing the blood flow to the penis. This medicine should be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes before planned sexual activity. The effects of this pill usually last for around 36 hours.
How it works
Tadacip 20 mg contains Tadalafil as its active ingredient which is a PDE 5 inhibitor. PDE 5 is an enzyme that disrupts the flow of blood. Tadalafil relaxes the muscles in the blood vessel walls and helps increase the blood flow to the penis. cGMP is responsible for the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. Its production is necessary for the penis as it allows more blood to flow to the penis. Tadalafil blocks the action of PDE5 and enables the production of cGMP, resulting in the penis being filled with more blood. Once the penis gets filled with blood, an erection is achieved.
Erectile Dysfunction: A condition in which a man is unable to get or keep an erection firm enough to get involved in sexual intercourse.
A single tablet is recommended to be taken orally and approximately 30 to 60 minutes before any sexual activity. It can be taken with or without food. The effects of this pill usually last for around 36 hours.
The chances of missing a dose are less as the medicine is taken as and when needed.
An overdose can lead to various side effects. If an overdose is suspected, seek medical attention immediately.
Common side effects of Tadacip 20mg include:
- Decrease/loss of vision
- Difficulty breathing
- Priapism (a prolonged and painful erection lasting for more than 4 hours)
- Peeling and blistering of the skin
If any of the above-mentioned side effects persist for long, seek medical help immediately.
- Tadacip 20 mg can interact with certain drugs and alter the way it works. These include:
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as indinavir and ritonavir
- Antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Medications for seizures such as carbamazepine
Things to Take Care of
- Consult with your doctor before using this medicine.
- Let your doctor know about all the drugs and medications you are taking.
- Make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used in this medicine.
- Let your doctor know about all the health problems you are suffering from.
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of pets and children.
- Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight. Store it in a cool, dry place.
- Do not consume the drug past its expiration date.
- Irwin GM. Erectile Dysfunction. Prim Care. 2019 Jun;46(2):249-255. doi: 10.1016/j.pop.2019.02.006. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 31030826. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31030826/
- Prasetyo DT, Raharja PAR, Mantiri BJ, Ringoringo DRL, Rahman IA, Felizio J, Tambunan MP, Fadhly SF, Rahardjo HE. Tadalafil Once a Day for Men with Erectile Dysfunction: Is It Superior than On-Demand Administration? Acta Med Indones. 2019 Jul;51(3):275-281. PMID: 31699953.
- Curran M, Keating G. Tadalafil. Drugs. 2003;63(20):2203-12; discussion 2213-4. doi: 10.2165/00003495-200363200-00004. Erratum in: Drugs. 2003;63(23):2703. PMID: 14498756.
- Mónica FZ, De Nucci G. Tadalafil for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2019 Jun;20(8):929-937. doi: 10.1080/14656566.2019.1589452. Epub 2019 Mar 22. PMID: 30901259.