Vidalista 40 mg is an oral drug that is prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. It contains Tadalafil 40 mg which increases the blood flow to the penis. This helps the person to achieve and sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. The effects of this drug usually last for around 36 hours. It is recommended to take this pill 30 minutes to 1 hour before planned sexual activity. For best results, follow your doctor’s prescription carefully.
How does Vidalista 40mg work?
Vidalista 40mg is used to treat erectile dysfunction (also known as impotence) in men. It contains Tadalafil which is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor. It blocks the effects of the enzyme PDE 5 and relaxes the smooth muscles present in the blood vessel walls of the penis. This helps increase blood flow to the penis. As soon as the penis gets filled with blood, an erection is achieved.
Vidalista 40 mg Uses
Erectile dysfunction: It is a condition in which a man is unable to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia: Also known as prostate gland enlargement, it causes urination difficulty.
Vidalista 40 is intended to be taken orally with or without food. Your recommended dosage depends entirely on your needs and medical history.
If you are taking it for the treatment of ED, take the pill 30 minutes to 1 hour before sexual intercourse.
If you are taking it to treat symptoms of BPH, your doctor might recommend you to take it daily.
If you are taking this drug for the treatment of ED, you are less likely to miss a dose. However, if you are taking it for the treatment of BPH, take the pill as soon as you remember. Unless it is time for your next dose, then skip it.
If someone has overdosed and is facing severe side effects, seek medical help immediately.
Vidalista 40mg tablets may cause certain side effects. Tell your doctor if these symptoms are severe or persist for long.
- Mild side effects include:
- Stuffy nose
Serious side effects include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Vision problems
- Loss of hearing
- High blood pressure
Some precautions have to be taken while using Vidalista 40 mg tablets. Keep these in mind to reduce the risks of potential side effects.
- Individuals suffering from kidney, liver, or heart conditions should seek medical advice before using this drug.
- Individuals allergic to Tadalafil should refrain from using this medication.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and grapefruit juice along with this medication.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Drug interactions can alter how a drug works or increase the risk of side effects. It is important to understand which medications your drug can interact with to minimize the risks. Talk to your doctor about your medical history. Here’s a list of drugs that can interact with Vidalista 40 mg.
- Certain drugs used to treat chest pain/angina (nitrates such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide)
- Recreational drugs called “poppers” containing amyl or butyl nitrite
- Alpha-blocker medication (such as doxazosin, tamsulosin)
- Azole antifungals (such as itraconazole, ketoconazole)
- HIV protease inhibitors (such as fosamprenavir, ritonavir)
- Macrolide antibiotics (such as clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors (such as boceprevir, telaprevir)
- Other medications or treatments for erectile dysfunction;
- Other medications or treatments for PAH
- Phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek)
- Rifabutin (Mycobutin)
- Rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, in Rifamate, in Rifater)
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
- Telithromycin (Ketek)Verapamil (Calan, Covera,Verelan, in Tarka).
- Keep the medication tightly sealed in its original container.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- Coward RM, Carson CC. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2008 Dec;4(6):1315-30. doi: 10.2147/tcrm.s3336. PMID: 19337438; PMCID: PMC2643112. https://www.dovepress.com/tadalafil-in-the-treatment-of-erectile-dysfunction-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-TCRM
- Hatzimouratidis K. A review of the use of tadalafil in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men with and without erectile dysfunction. Ther Adv Urol. 2014 Aug;6(4):135-47. doi: 10.1177/1756287214531639. PMID: 25083163; PMCID: PMC4054509. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1756287214531639
- Gong B, Ma M, Xie W, Yang X, Huang Y, Sun T, Luo Y, Huang J. Direct comparison of tadalafil with sildenafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int Urol Nephrol. 2017 Oct;49(10):1731-1740. doi: 10.1007/s11255-017-1644-5. Epub 2017 Jul 24. PMID: 28741090; PMCID: PMC5603624.
- Frajese GV, Pozzi F, Frajese G. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction; an overview of the clinical evidence. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):439-49. doi: 10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.439. PMID: 18046921; PMCID: PMC2699638. https://www.atypon-link.com/DMP/doi/abs/10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.439
- Henrie AM, Nawarskas JJ, Anderson JR. Clinical utility of tadalafil in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension: an evidence-based review. Core Evid. 2015 Nov 2;10:99-109. doi: 10.2147/CE.S58457. PMID: 26587013; PMCID: PMC4636095.
- Wang Y, Bao Y, Liu J, Duan L, Cui Y. Tadalafil 5 mg Once Daily Improves Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Erectile Dysfunction: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Low Urin Tract Symptoms. 2018 Jan;10(1):84-92. doi: 10.1111/luts.12144. Epub 2016 Nov 5. PMID: 29341503
- Sofikitis N, Kaltsas A, Dimitriadis F, Rassweiler J, Grivas N, Zachariou A, Kaponis A, Tsounapi P, Paterakis N, Karagiannis A, Skouros S, Giannakis I, Champilomatis I, Paschopoulos M, Daphnis D, Giakoumakis I, R Gabales M, M Chua JB, Lantin Iii PL, Mamoulakis C, Takenaka A. The Effect of PDE5 Inhibitors on the Male Reproductive Tract. Curr Pharm Des. 2021;27(23):2697-2713. doi: 10.2174/1381612826666200226121510. PMID: 32101115. https://www.eurekaselect.com/article/104866