Poxet 60 mg is an oral medication used for the treatment of premature ejaculation (PE) in men aged between 18 and 64 years. It helps treat premature ejaculation by providing more control over ejaculation and increasing the time it takes to ejaculate. It contains Dapoxetine as its main active ingredient, which works by increasing the activity of serotonin in the nervous system. It may delay the time of ejaculation by 5 to 7 minutes. Consult with a doctor before using this medicine.
How Does It Work
Dapoxetine is the active ingredient in Poxet 60mg. It is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It blocks the reabsorption of serotonin into neurons, allowing more serotonin to be made available in the brain. This process increases the time of ejaculation by 5 to 7 minutes, helping the person have satisfying sexual intercourse.
Poxet 60 mg is used for the treatment of the following condition:
Premature Ejaculation (PE) – A condition in which a man loses control over ejaculation that makes him ejaculate sooner than expected.
Poxet 60 mg tablet is usually recommended to be taken once a day and approximately 1 to 2 hours before sexual intercourse. Consult with your doctor to find the appropriate dose for you.
The chances of missing a dose are less because the medicine is usually taken as and when required, approximately 1 to 2 hours before sexual intercourse.
An overdose of this drug can lead to various adverse effects. Seek medical attention in case of an overdose.
Common side effects of Poxet 60mg tablets include:
- dry mouth
- upset stomach
- increased blood pressure
- excessive sweating
- blurred vision
While taking Poxet 60 tablets, some precautions should be taken to avoid any potential side effects. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Consult with your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Let your doctor know about all the drugs and medications you are taking.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Dapoxetine or any of the ingredients used in this medicine.
- Let your doctor know about all the health conditions you are suffering from.
- Do not take this medicine more than once in 24 hours.
- Dapoxetine may cause a sudden drop in your blood pressure. Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It should be used with caution in patients with history of seizures, depression and other psychiatric disorders.
- Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are suffering from erectile dysfunction.
Poxet 60 can interact with certain drugs that can alter the way it works. These include:
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin and erythromycin
- Antifungals such as ketoconazole
- Antidepressants such as fluoxetine and paroxetine
- Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors such as phenelzine
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as ritonavir
- Keep the pills out of reach of children.
- Keep the pills away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- Once the pack is opened, store the pills in an airtight container.
- Do not consume the pills past their expiration date.
How does Poxet 60mg help with premature ejaculation?
Poxet 60 mg is a medication containing dapoxetine, which is specifically used to treat premature ejaculation. It works by increasing serotonin levels in the brain and improving ejaculatory control.
Can Poxet 60 be taken with other medications or supplements?
It’s essential to inform your healthcare provider about all medications, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements, to avoid potential interactions with Poxet 60 mg.
Can I take this medicine with Alcohol?
Alcohol can increase the risk of experiencing side effects. So, consuming alcohol with Poxet 60 mg is not recommended. Consult with your doctor for the best advice.
How should I take Poxet 60 Mg?
This drug is recommended to be taken orally with the help of water. Do not take this drug more than once in 24 hours.
How long does Poxet 60 last?
Poxet 60mg is absorbed soon after it’s administered orally. After 1 hour of its consumption, peak plasma levels are reached. It has an initial half-life of around 1.5 hours, and a terminal half-life of 22 hours, which makes it ideal for on-demand dosing.
- Dapoxetine: LY 210448. Drugs R D. 2005;6(5):307-11. doi: 10.2165/00126839-200506050-00007. PMID: 16128601. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00126839-200506050-00007
- McMahon CG. Dapoxetine for premature ejaculation. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2010 Jul;11(10):1741-52. doi: 10.1517/14656566.2010.493174. PMID: 20540653. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1517/14656566.2010.493174?journalCode=ieop20
- Hoy SM, Scott LJ. Dapoxetine: in premature ejaculation. Drugs. 2010 Jul 30;70(11):1433-43. doi: 10.2165/11204750-000000000-00000. PMID: 20614950. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/11204750-000000000-00000
- Li J, Liu D, Wu J, Fan X, Dong Q. Dapoxetine for the treatment of premature ejaculation: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials with trial sequential analysis. Ann Saudi Med. 2018 Sep-Oct;38(5):366-375. doi: 10.5144/0256-4947.2018.366. PMID: 30284992; PMCID: PMC6180218. https://www.annsaudimed.net/doi/10.5144/0256-4947.2018.366
- Russo A, Capogrosso P, Ventimiglia E, La Croce G, Boeri L, Montorsi F, Salonia A. Efficacy and safety of dapoxetine in treatment of premature ejaculation: an evidence-based review. Int J Clin Pract. 2016 Sep;70(9):723-33. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.12843. Epub 2016 Jul 25. PMID: 27456527. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ijcp.12843