Cenforce 200 mg, also known as Black Viagra pills is the highest dose used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. It contains Sildenafil Citrate 200, which works by increasing blood flow to the penis, thus causing an erection. This medicine is usually taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before engaging in sexual intercourse. The effects can last for around 4 hours. Cenforce 200 requires sexual stimulation and does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases.
How It Works
Cenforce 200mg has Sildenafil Citrate, which inhibits phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5). PDE-5 degrades cGMP in the bloodstream. cGMP is responsible for increasing the flow of blood to specific body organs. The enhanced blood flow due to the increased collection of cGMP by Sildenafil is what causes an erection. The medication only works for ED if the user is sexually stimulated. The best time to take sildenafil is about 1 hour before sexual activity.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Cenforce 200mg tablets are prescribed to men who experience difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. It is effective in improving the quality of erections and enhancing sexual performance.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH): Sildenafil 200mg is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. It helps to relax the blood vessels in the lungs, reducing the workload on the heart. Thus, improving exercise capacity in people with this condition.
If you are taking Cenforce 2oo mg tablets to treat erectile dysfunction, take it as needed before sexual activity. The best time to take sildenafil is about 1 hour before sexual activity. However, you can take the medication any time from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity. This medication should not be taken more than once every 24 hours. You can take Cenforce with or without food. However, avoid taking sildenafil with a high-fat meal, as it will take longer for the medication to start to work.
If you are taking Cenforce to treat PAH, you will probably take sildenafil three times a day with or without food. Take it at around the same time every day.
If you are taking this drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, the chances of missing a dose are less likely.
However, if you are taking it for the treatment of any other condition (such as pulmonary arterial hypertension) and have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the timing of the next dose is close, skip the missed dose and take the next one.
Taking an overdose of Cenforce (sildenafil citrate) or any medication can be dangerous and may lead to severe side effects. If you suspect an overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
Cenforce 200 Side Effects
Some of the most common side effects of Cenforce 200 mg tablet are-
- body pain
- skin rashes
- mood swings
Serious side effects include:
- sudden severe loss of vision
- blurred vision
- sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- ringing in ears
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- chest pain
- worsening shortness of breath
- erection that is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours
- Do not take this medicine more than once in 24 hours.
- Consult your doctor if you experience an allergic reaction to Sildenafil Citrate.
- Do not operate heavy machines after taking this medicine.
- This medicine is not recommended for people below 18 years of age.
- If you experience chest pain or heart problems during sexual activity, call your doctor immediately.
- If you suffer from any medical condition, consult your doctor before taking this drug.
- Do not use this medication if you have just suffered from a heart attack.
Consult with your doctor before using any of the drugs with Cenforce 200 mg. These drugs are known to interact with this medicine and alter the way it works.
- Medicines containing nitrates, like isosorbide and nitroglycerine (used for treating heart conditions like angina)
- Riociguat and the other Guanylate cyclase (GC) stimulators
- Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, and other PDE-5 inhibitors
- Amyl nitrite, amyl/ butyl nitrate, and other recreational drugs called ‘Poppers’
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin, and other macrolide antibiotics
- Carbamazepine and other anti-seizure medications
- Alfuzosin, doxazosin, and other alpha-blockers
- Atenolol and other beta-blockers
- Fosamprenavir, saquinavir, and other HIV protease inhibitors
- Telaprevir, boceprevir, and other hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors
Follow these storage guidelines to keep the pills effective and intact for a longer time-
- Keep the tablets in their original packaging when not in use.
- Keep them away from damp and direct sunlight.
- The place should be in the normal room temperature range, i.e. 59–86° F or 15–30° C.
- Keep them beyond the reach of children and pets.
- Do not consume past the expiry date.
- Dispose of the discarded pills and empty packaging in a suitable manner. Do not flush them.
Who is typically prescribed Cenforce 200 mg?
Cenforce 200 mg contains a high dose of sildenafil citrate and is generally prescribed to individuals who require a potent treatment for erectile dysfunction. Your doctor will assess your needs and recommend the appropriate strength.
2. Can I cut a Cenforce 200mg tablet in half for a lower dose?
Splitting Cenforce tablets without medical guidance is not recommended. Consult your doctor for a suitable dosage adjustment.
3. How long does the effect of Cenforce 200 last?
Cenforce 200 mg can have effects that last up to 4-6 hours, but individual responses may vary.
4. Are there any specific precautions to take with Cenforce 200 mg tablets?
Avoid consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking Cenforce 200 mg, as it can affect how the medication works.
5. What should I do if I miss a dose of Cenforce 200?
Cenforce is typically taken as needed, so there is no regular dosing schedule. You should only take it when you plan to engage in sexual activity.
- Krishnappa P, Fernandez-Pascual E, Carballido J, Martinez-Salamanca JI. Sildenafil/Viagra in the treatment of premature ejaculation. Int J Impot Res. 2019 Mar;31(2):65-70. doi: 10.1038/s41443-018-0099-2. Epub 2019 Mar 5. PMID: 30837718.
- Irwin GM. Erectile Dysfunction. Prim Care. 2019 Jun;46(2):249-255. doi: 10.1016/j.pop.2019.02.006. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 31030826.
- Fink HA, Mac Donald R, Rutks IR, Nelson DB, Wilt TJ. Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Jun 24;162(12):1349-60. doi: 10.1001/archinte.162.12.1349. PMID: 12076233.
- Chew KK, Stuckey BG, Thompson PL. Erectile dysfunction, sildenafil and cardiovascular risk. Med J Aust. 2000 Mar 20;172(6):279-83. Erratum in: Med J Aust 2000 May 15;172(10):511. PMID: 10860094.